*** Important Notices, Terms and Conditions ***
- Reservation: A deposit of 30% of the tour cost is required on time of booking within 10 days, and the balance not later than 30 days before commencement of the safari tour. Payment in full is required where bookings are made less than 30 days before the tour begins. Notwithstanding any prior confirmation of arrangements, the right is reserved not to execute tours if payment has not been received in accordance with foregoing. 50% deposit is required 10 weeks before intended departure with the balance to be settled 30days prior to commencement of the tour. If a reservation is made within 30 days of departure, the entire amount must be made at the time of confirmation.
- Confirmation: A booking is considered confirmed upon receiving a deposit of 30% of travel cost. Balance payments can be made on arrival for only camping safaris and mountain climbing. Of course you can also pay the entire amount at once to save time and banking costs
- TRANSPORTATION: Well-maintained Vehicles, Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, Toyota Minibuses with pop up roof that are rebuilt for safari and excellent cars, Station wagons or Coaches for transfers will be provided according to the route and number of participants. The right is reserved to employ the services of sub-contractors.
*Cancellation & No Shows and bank expenses:*
- Land tour cost:
For cancellation prior to 60 days before the departure date there will be a cancellation fee equal to the advance payment. In the event of cancellation, the deposit will be refunded less the cost of expenses incurred, that is administration fees, bank charges, and if the cancellation is received 15 and 60 days before the departure date there will be a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total trip costs.
Between 59 to 3 days, fee will be charged according to what other suppliers (lodges) state about terms. In case of cancellation within 48 in the case of a no-show 100% of the net value of the booking will be charged. There will be no refund if a member leaves a trip for any reason either voluntarily or involuntarily after the trip has begun, whether for personal reasons or as a result of the guide’s advice & decision. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
- For Climbers, No refund will be made for any services not utilized including -but not limited to- faster ascents/descents (skipping days) & non-use of the Crater camp when applicable.
- Bank expenses: All bank (transfer) expenses will be paid by the client and all prices are quoted in US$ Dollars. We prefer payments by Wire Transfers through bank, which are subject to bank charges at the prevailing/current rate. Please make sure you arrange this with your local bank (mark transfers as ‘all costs for sender’).
* Passport, Visa, Insurance. *
- Passport and visa: All members must be in possession of a valid passport and the required visa. A company will advise and assist only, but it is client’s responsibility to provide the correct documents. If you hold Tanzania Resident permit you are needed to present by show (The passport copy) at each parks entrance gate.
- Insurance: Though it is not required by the Tanzanian National Parks, it is advised that members are protected by insurance that covers cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation, mountaineering and loss of or damage to baggage and personal effects.
* Tour alteration &Responsibility:*
TOUR ALTERATION:The right is reserved to change any route or arrangements should conditions necessitate, to offer substitutes of equal value, or to accept the operation of any scheduled tour. The right is reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as member of any tour at any time, in which event an equitable amount will be refunded.
Responsibility: A companya acts as an agent only for the passenger in all matters relatingto hotel accommodation and other contractors.A company shall not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay and irregularity that may be occasioned for any reason, including, but not limited to, wild and domestic animals, altitude disease in any form, malaria and other diseases, the acts of God, detention, terrorism, war, strikes, thefts, pilferage, force-majeure, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, accidents by air-craft, boat, bicycle, or any other (non) motor vehicle, or any hotel/ lodges, inn, restaurant or accommodation.
When going on safari you understand and accept that you are entering wildlife reserves, with possibly dangerous animals, with no guarantee to actually see the ‘big five’ or other specific animals. Or when climbing Kilimanjaro, you understand and accept that reaching the summit can not be guaranteed and you may suffer from cold or altitude-related illness and you might have to abort the climb, your guide will decide the best actions that will benefit you and your health the best.